1. Basic situation of industrial clusters
Kaiping Shuikou Plumbing and Sanitary Ware Industry is the industry representative of Guangdong and also represents the development level of the same industry in the country. After more than 30 years of development and growth, it has gradually become one of the three major plumbing and sanitary professional markets in the country.
At present, the Shuikou Plumbing and Sanitary Ware Industrial Cluster is engaged in the production of plumbing and sanitary ware and has registered more than 500 domestic and foreign enterprises with limited liability companies. There are more than 1,200 enterprises that produce and sell plumbing products registered as self-employed, with more than 40,000 employees, including professionals 4000 people. In 2012, the total output value of the base's plumbing and sanitary ware industry reached 9.2 billion yuan, accounting for more than 70% of the town's annual total industrial output value, with an export value of 877 million US dollars, accounting for 28% of the national faucet product export value.
Shuikou extends from raw material supply, spare parts and professional supporting processing to finished product assembly, and extends to technology research and development, product design, quality testing, logistics distribution, import and export agency, financial services, professional e-commerce, etc. , Sales as a huge industrial cluster, and by virtue of its unique cluster advantages have successively won a series of honorary titles, including "China (shuikou) faucet production base", "China plumbing and sanitary production base", "China plumbing and sanitary hardware export Base (Guangdong Shuikou) ", Jiangmen Kaiping Shuikou Plumbing and Sanitary Ware Industrial Cluster Upgrading Demonstration Zone, the first batch of national foreign trade transformation and upgrading professional demonstration bases, and the key cultivation objects of Guangdong Procurement Center for Plumbing and Sanitary Ware
As of now, companies in the Shuikou area have more than 160 independent brands, 7 provincial-level brand-name products and famous trademarks, and 1 well-known trademark in China. A total of 171 companies have passed international ISO certification, of which 156 have passed ISO9000 certification. 15 companies have passed ISO141001 certification, 186 have been certified by major exporting countries (regions), more than 700 products have obtained national patent authorization, and 631 have obtained registered trademarks. The products are exported to more than 200 countries and regions in Europe, South America, Australia, Middle East, Southeast Asia and Hong Kong, among which the export share is 50.4% in Europe, 14.7% in America, 3% in Oceania, 2.7% in Africa, and 8.4% in Middle East and Southeast Asia. Relevant industry information can be found in "Research Report on China's Hardware Faucet Industry Market Operation and Industry Development Trends".
2. Development status of industrial clusters
(1) Trading system
1. Display trading functions.
(1) The modern trading display area has a scientific layout and complete functions.
The exhibition area of China Sanitary City (formerly China Shuikou Plumbing and Sanitary Equipment Exhibition and Trade Center) and Commerce Street (connected to Jishan Sanitary and Commerce Street, which is about 8 kilometers long) in Shukou Town covers an area of 100,000 square meters. Mode, more than 500 suppliers of plumbing and sanitary products have been stationed all year round, which has become an important display and trading platform for the cluster.
(2) Modern transaction methods such as e-commerce have a good foundation.
Based on the China Plumbing and Sanitary Network registered in 2002 as a platform to fully integrate business resources, an e-commerce application with a relatively mature operating model has been formed "Global Plumbing Sanitary Ware Network", English website: www.faucet-china.com, hereinafter collectively referred to as "Global Plumbing Sanitary Ware Network"), open online negotiations, business forums, business management, corporate yellow pages, product introduction and other functions.
2. Build an exhibition platform.
(1) Suppliers adopt diversified modern management methods such as general distribution and general agents, among which there are more than 2,000 general distributors and more than 500 general agents, all over the world.
(2) Regularly hold the China (Shuikou) Plumbing and Sanitary Equipment Exhibition (hereinafter referred to as the Sanitary Ware Exhibition). From 2000 to 2010, we successfully held eight sessions of the Sanitary Ware Exhibition. In addition, it participates in large-scale professional exhibitions at home and abroad in groups every year.
(3) Cooperate with GMC (Global Market) to introduce international high-quality buyers, inspect the entire industry, and organize buyers and manufacturers to meet to promote trade between the two parties; actively participate in China Hardware Products Association, China Sanitary Ceramics Association Sanitary Accessories Branch, International exhibitions organized by China Minmetals Chemicals Import and Export Chamber of Commerce and other relevant organizations, including Milan, Italy, Frankfurt, Germany, Las Vegas, and St. Petersburg, Russia.